MyElimu
What it takes with mathematics - Printable Version

+- MyElimu (https://myelimu.com)
+-- Forum: GENERAL STUDENTS DISCUSSIONS (https://myelimu.com/forum-general-students-discussions)
+--- Forum: MATHEMATICS (https://myelimu.com/forum-mathematics)
+--- Thread: What it takes with mathematics (/thread-what-it-takes-with-mathematics)

What it takes with mathematics - davidserikali - 02-23-2014

Everything is found to be very funny and enjoyable when right steps are taken toward addresing it.Most of students have had doubt and sometimes give up on Mathematic lesson,in reality mathematics is very funny GAME that involve playing with number and bit reasonable.With this lets find out what it takes with Mathematics when solving Mathematical problems.

FIRST
Determine what kind of math you are having difficulty with. Is it multiplying fractions? Solving quadratic equations? Knowing where you need more knowledge is key for focusing your studying.

SECOND
  Review, Most math textbooks have a lesson to read, covering new concepts directly before each problem set. If you are having trouble with the newest formula or method, that is where to start Seek help if necessary. Asking a teacher, parent or mathematically gifted friend for help is often the best way to receive direct guidance and have your questions quickly answered also consider practice or quickly reference of formula.

THIRD
  Begin to solve the problem. Now that you've reviewed, it's time to apply your skills.Determine what the problem is asking you to solve. There is a big difference between being asked to find the cosine and the sine. Read the directions carefully.
Guess and check, "I guess it is ___, so then it would be ___. I'll see whether that works."
  (a).Use objects, manipulatives, to model the problem
Use logical reasoning: "If this is ____, then that would give me ____ ..." -- or the negative version, "If not this ____, then it's not that ____" ...
  (b).Look for a pattern -- how series or a sequence changes from one member (element) of a list, back to the previous, and also forward to the next member.
  ©.Do a process -- act it out -- i.e.: experiment as in physical or real world problems.Work backward -- reverse the processes of a possible solution to see whether it may connect.Classify the kind of problem, process, or pattern it fits.
  (d).What do I not know or have (Ask this question: "Can I find an intermediate step toward solving this, for the situation?")

FOURTH
  Write down your work, step by step. This will allow you to track/double check your thinking and your process for getting the results. Avoid trying to solve the entire problem in your head, you will get lost/confused.

FIFTH
  Make multiple representations (mathematical models/math-models), approaching your problem; here are examples of several forms of representation:
  (a).Verbal,Write your own description of the problem (in your own words).(for example: money made on sales of candy each week).
  (b).Drawing or diagramming. For example: draw the described physical problem situation a graph models, many types of relations and process dynamics may be graphed in mathematical, physical, biological, social and information systems data. Graphs may be of numerous types, but a basic is to graph paired information (pairwise relations), such as growth or decay over a period of time

SIXTH
 Double-check your work. Did you drop any decimal places or the decimal point? Accidentally write the numerator as your denominator? Now is the time to find out!

LASTLY
Check your answer for reasonableness, accuracy and repeatability.
If your answer doesn't match the correct one, go back and check your work for where you may have made a mistake.